Pictures

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Coloring, Butterflies, and Sugar Cookies

So today was my third week of teaching the 3, 4, and 5 years old Sunday school. I have a great bunch of kids. There are a couple wild boys, JJ included, but they keep it lively! Having never taught Sunday school I wasn't sure what to expect. I have worked with youth for years but little kids, I had never taught them before. Kinda thought they would drive me nuts. But I am loving it. Love talking to the kids about God's love for them, doing crafts, playing games, and coloring. Today we talked about Jesus healing the 10 lepers and only 1 thanking Jesus for it. Talked about things we are thankful like our moms and dads, toys, and amazing sugar cookies from Eileen's.(I picked up some for the snack for today and they were sooooo yummy!!) We also made butterflies out of felt and a spoon and decorated them with felt pieces and little sparkles. It was alot of fun. And then we had a little scavenger hunt, where each kid was given an item and they had to go find the 9 other identical items that were under different tables. They all loved that and it got some extra energy out. And then we finished off the morning with a round of musical chairs with the older class. Now I am thinking of different projects to do with them and looking forward to doing VBS later this summer. I am so happy that God lead me to volunteer because I really didn't think that I would enjoy working with this age group, but am really loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment