Pictures

Sunday, July 29, 2012

This past week I have felt sooo much better. I actually went all day yesterday without throwing up once. I did throw up this afternoon, but other than about 20-30 minutes around that time, I felt pretty good.

And with the repreve from morning sickness, I also seemed to have more energy. So I started cleaning my house with cleaning our red room. This is our family room, that really hasn't functioned as a family room in forever. It has been more like an extention of our laundry room. There is always a pile of dirty laundry in front of the laundry room door in the room and the couch is covered with clean clothes that have needed folded and put away, or is folded and in baskets but I didn't feel like putting them away, or clothes to be given away or stored away. And then there is a dresser that we took out of the bathroom, but never got it out of the house, just sit it in this room.

So I started on this room and cleared off every surface in the room, worked on the big pile of dirty laundry, cleared off the couch, put clothes away, took things out to the shed that needed stored, stuff to goodwill to get rid off, and cleared out the dresser(although it is still in there at the moment.) Then I sorted the kids' books and got them all on the bookcase, dusted the room, and vacuumed. It looked good.

Then I moved onto the girls room. It was horrible. Took out Kennedy's old crib that we never took down when she moved to the toddler bed and put that, the bassinet which was being stored in said crib, and clothes that Kennedy grew out of, out to the shed to be stored until we need them in the future. I went through all the girls toys and took 5, yes FIVE bags of toys to goodwill. I moved some of the furniture around with the help of Alex and put the room back together. It looks so much better!!

The next room I tackled was the boys' room. Oh my goodness!! It was horrible. It was practically 5-6 years accumillation of toys. So I spent most of the day in that room. From 9-3:30 with only short breaks. I was able to get rid of 6 bags of toys and 3 bags of trash from their room. I didn't make it to their dressers yet, because the rest of the room was so bad. So I will need to finish that tomorrow. But I am proud of what I did. There was points when I wanted to cry when I was in there. When I moved the mattress to JJ's bottom bunk, I was shocked at what I found under there. The whole floor under their bed was covered in toys, books, socks, dirty clothes, and trash except for about a 6 inch area right by the edge of their bed. You know, the part Mommy could see when I checked their room. And the bottom bunk is a full size, so it is a big space. Got a whole bag of trash just from under the bed alone.

Unfortunately the red room has kinda functioned as my holding place for stuff as I move things out of the rooms and is at the moment full of 8 bags of stuff to be taken to goodwill. Plus with focusing on the kids' rooms means I have kinda fallen down on keeping up with the laundry, so my pile is full again. And I have laundry baskets full of folded clothes needing to be put away, mostly in the boys' room but I need to clean out their dressers first and thin out the unwanted items.

So my goal for this week is to atleast do the boys dressers, redo the red room(luckily this should take as long as the first time, and clear off the dresser in the dining room that is piled high with junk. I am just happy to be about 15 bags freer of junk thinned out during my cleaning last week. I feel lighter!! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment