Pictures

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

My house became a complete and udder disaster while I was battling morning sickness. Now it was perfectly clean and organized before, but at least I was in partial control of the chaos. But once I became overcome with all day sickness, any control was lost.

Any surface in my home is always a catch all. That is just how my family is. Which if I keep on top of them and the clutter, it isn't too bad, but let me tell you, I am afraid to look at the top of my tv stand and other surfaces at the moment. They are basically filled with those "where do I put this at" objects, which means I need to figure out if the items are needed and find a home for them if they are.

For the past 4 days I have felt much, MUCH better. If I feel sick at all it is kinda momentary and really has been more influenced by my sinus issues, then pregnancy. So I have been tackling the laundry. You would think it wouldn't take that long. Well trying to get all the clothes found from every possible spot in the house has been insane. THen there is the folding and putting away. And in the task of putting stuff away(the kids all put away theirs with the exception of Livie, although some are more closely supervised than others) I have realized that I haven't sorted out old clothes that don't fit or are not needed anymore. All the kids' drawers need cleaned out. Which means every drawer is overflowing and so this is a very urgent need.

And then I need to rearrange the girls room. It has needed it for a while. When we put Kennedy in her toddler bed, we didn't take the crib down since we weren't sure she would transition well(or that mommy would like her be able to get out). Well this makes it impossible to get to her dresser easily, which means she has been throwing clothes in a corner constantly.

The boys toys need gone through and about 2/3 of them gotten rid of. I have a closet that has toys that never get played with that needed cleaned out and I want to use it for items that need stored. My closet doors need fixed still. John fixed 2 and for some unknown reason didn't fix the others and so the closet is basically useless and has been for about 6 months because of the way the doors are. Therefore my room is horrible because stuff that needs put in the closet can't be because I can't get to it.

Today I did make a dent in the mess. I cleaned up the red room and got rid of 5 bags of clothes,  2 boxes of stuff, and stored some clothes. I cleaned out a dresser to get rid of that was placed there 6 months ago to be gotten rid of but never made it out of the house. Cleaned off the couch and folded and put away clothes. Also cleared off all the surfaces and dusted. I just need to vacuum it(it is right by the kids room and by the time I got it ready, tthe kids were in bed, and get the items taken to Goodwill or someplace else, and put up some pictures I have been wanting to put up for months. Then it will be able to be used again.

I am just tired of feeling like I start projects or chores and then get tired or discouraged and put it away half done. I want to get thing done and not look around with regrets or guilt all the time. Just need to stop making excuses and do things around the house more. I got plenty of time, if I keep off the tv and computer all the time. And I feel better seeing progress in projects and the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment