Pictures

Sunday, November 18, 2012

My day of rest

So today instead of going to church, John took the kids by himself and covered the video system for me so I could stay home. Of course it would have been awesome to lounge around and do nothing, but since I never get time home alone to do a project, I started on the laundry room.

Our laundry room has gotten so bad that it started overflowing into our family room's furniture. I had tons of totes with outgrown clothes shoved in every available space because our sheds are full of, well frankly most of crap we don't need! I don't even know when the last time I was able to get to the back part of my sheds. I usually just open the doors and throw stuff in. So yeah, they are full of stuff we don't need.

So there was no place for all my totes. And then there was no place for totes, and with a huge piano in there, I then was just shoving outgrown clothes wherever I could. And then there was the laundry.

And yes you read right, I have a piano in my laundry room. Why you ask?! Well my dad gave us a piano, which was nice, but then we got a coach and recliner from my mom for our family room, which is where the piano was. So then there was no room for the piano. And since I couldn't find anyone who wanted it and I hated to throw it out and know it was destroyed and no local thrift stores want pianos, it was shoved into my laundry room.

I actually have a friend who says she wants it, but she has yet to come get it. And boy I have plans for the space when it is gone! I want to put a bench like area there with a basket for each kid under the bench(praying we have enough room for 5) for the kids hats, gloves, shoes, etc. And a hook for each one for their coats and backpacks. So then we have one place for them all. Oh, I pray I get this someday!!

Anyway so I started on my project. Which of course meant the rest of my house(which I picked up before hand) got trashed. At one point my living room, dining room, and red room was packed with piles of clothes, garbage bags of clothes, and totes. Luckily all the rooms are better, but still need work, so my project isn't completely done.

I was blessed to find Kennedy's 3T clothes for Livie and JJ a bunch of size 7 pants. I also was able to organize all the totes and store them nicely back into the laundry room for now. And since I was able to get to the shower stall in our laundry room(don't have a clue why it is in there) that we have NEVER used. I stored some totes in there. At least it is getting used for something. lol

I even went out to the shed and got some totes and went through them. I currently have all my baby boy clothes on my dining room table, sorted by sizes to give to a friend for her ministry. And while going through totes, I found various totes and bags with shoes in them. Not pairs of shoes, just random shoes. But I was able to mate a ton of them, set some aside for a friend, made a tote of mated shoes for when the kids need shoes we can look through and see if we have their size before buying more. Still have another tote full of mismatched shoes, so hopefully I come acroos more shoes. And I have a tote of shoes that are too small for my friends boys, so they are going to another friend and a ministry.

I was amazed by the number of baskets and other things I found with unmated socks in them. So now I have a huge project of mating socks. I actually am getting ready to watch a show and do that right now. Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment