Pictures

Friday, October 5, 2012

Finally!!!


So I realized that with being without my computer, I hadn't posted what the gender of the baby is. But I now have my computer back(that's right, I am whole again!!) so I decided to do that. But I am not going to just launch into it, I will lead up too it. Bear with me, I haven't been able to blog for a while. So I am going to tell you the story behind our children's names and lead up to the baby info.

Jacob Robert- When I was in younger, I went to school with a boy named Robert Jacob, but he went by Jake. I loved the way it sounded especially since 2 of my grandpas' names are Robert, but I preferred to switch the order of the name. So when we were picking names for our little boy who went to heaven before we were able to see his precious face, we thought of many names but none could compare with Jacob Robert, especially since Robert is also John's dad's name, so Jacob is named after 3 grandpas.
 
Alexander Michael- John is actually the one who picked out Alexander.     It is the main character of one of John's favorite movie "The Time Machine." I personally do not like the movie, but I really liked the name. Michael is John's middle name. And let me tell you Alex lives up to his name!! Alexander means defender of mankind and Alex is very much like his daddy! He takes pride in protecting his siblings and those that he cares for. He feels for those in pain and worries about things that most second graders don't. He truly has a tender spirit just like John!
 
Jeremiah James- JJ is the only child that is technically not named after someone in our family. Jeremiah is just a name John and I really, REALLY liked and James went with it really well. It wasn't until after we named him that I realized why we liked Jeremiah so much. On Jacob's tombstone we chose part of the verse Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew[a] you" to be on it. We loved the reminder that even though we never got to know Jacob in the way that most parents know there children, that God knew him and chose us to blessed with being his parents. So in a way, JJ is named after his biggest brother and is a constant reminder that God knows us in a very intimate way before we were ever created.
Kennedy Jean Elizabeth- I am not ashamed to admit that I stoled the name Kennedy from another mom. Now she had picked this name for a child that was born years before Kennedy was born and turned out he was a boy and so I didn't want this beautiful name to go unused, so I HAD to use it. lol. And then it turns out that my great, great grandma's middle name on my dad's side was Kenneda, so I guess it was a good choice. Jean is my middle name and my mom's middle name and I hope that Kennedy passes it on to her first baby girl also. Elizabeth is just a name we always loved and so we picked it.
Olivia Clara Paige- Olivia is just a name that John and I really liked. Love the nickname Livie also, so it was a great choice! Clara is after John's grandma on his dad's side. He has some great memories of her and misses her alot. Paige again is a name that we really liked. Of course John's mom says that since it is a alternative form of her name Patricia, that technically Livie is named after her. There is no harm letting her hold on to that arguement. lol
 
So finally the big reveal of the baby's name. It was quite strange in the way the name came about. Usually when we are picking names we have a list of names that we really like and we have a hard time deciding which on to pick. But with this baby, we had names that we liked but none that jumped out at us. John and I had quite a few conversations about names and never really had the long list of ones that we were choosing between. There was a boy name and a girl name that we both liked and it just seemed like no matter how many different names we discussed we just kept coming back to those 2 names. It was kinda like the names were already decided by us before we ever started talking about it and that is why we had a totally different experience than normal.
 
I have to admit that I had in my mind what the baby was and I was quite shocked by what the ultrasound revealed. I was sure I was correct and had always thought of the baby as this gender that was in my mind. I was in denial for about a week until it sunk in and now I am soooo excited to announce that we are having another...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
GIRL!!!
 
That's right, we will have 3 boys and 3 girls and our family will be complete. So now onto the name of our precious baby girl.
 
Emmalee Jorja Kay- Emmalee we picked after a young lady who was a former youth group member of ours. We have had the pleasure of knowing this young lady since she was like 10 and have watched her grow into an amazing young woman of God! She also happens to be our baby sitter when she is home from college and the kids love her. She spells her name this way and we love the uniqueness of it.  Jorja is after my grandma on my mom's side. She spells her name Georgia but we wanted something different than the normal. Funny thing is that Grandma didn't like that we were naming Emmalee after her until I told her the way we were are spelling it. Then she thought it was really cute. I love my Grandma!! And Kay is after John's mom, that way she really can say a granddaughter is named after her. lol
 
I can't wait to met my baby girl!! I love this picture of her even though you can't see her whole face. In it she was opening and closing her mouth like she was talking. And I love the little hand in it and how her wrist looks kinda chunky. I am so excited!!

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment