Pictures

Friday, October 19, 2012

I have to say that I completely love my kids' school!! It is totally a God thing that our kids are in Platte Valley Christian Academy! When we first started looking for a preschool for Alex 5 years ago, we actually had signed him up for another preschool. Then John said something about seeing if PVCA had preschool because he went there as a 7th and 8th grader. So I called and got Alex in.

Our plan was always to put the kids into public school for kindergarten on, but we were really praying about whether or not to put Alex in public school or keep him in PVCA the spring before he would have started kindergarten. Then right around the time we needed to turn in our letter of intent for the following year stating whether Alex would or would not remain in PVCA, we were praying that God would direct our path.

Then we recieved a call, asking if we would be willing to serve on the school board. It was our sign from God that we were to stay in the school. Now 3 years later, we have Alex who is in 2nd grade, JJ who is in kindergarten, and Kennedy in her first year of preschool. I couldn't imagine being anywhere else.

What I love about our school is that fact that it really does end up feeling like a family!! Parents can be more involved in our school with it being a parent ran school and you really end up knowing everyone, where you don't get that much in a public school. And my children are learning so much and I love that they are growing in their faith and I know that PVCA is a big part of that. Our school really is an extention of the home!!

Tomorrow is one of our big fundraisers of the year and one of our family's favorite events, our annual fun fest.  This event has carnival style games that the kids enjoy. And one of the games' prizes are goldfish, so hopefully we will have more fishes for our fish tank. Then there is the freewill donation meal of sloppy joes. Oh so yummy!! And my favorite, the silent auction. This year I specifically budgets a good amount for the auction because of all the awesome donations I have been recieving from local business for the auction. I am especially looking forward to bidding on the lovebirds!! They are currently in my house and I hope that they will be returning after the even tomorrow!! And then there are the kids' classroom baskets, which are always a huge hit. So we will be bidding on those, that is for sure!!

Please pray for our fundraiser, that we would be blessed with a successful event and that we would raise our goal. Or better yet exceed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment