Pictures

Monday, January 2, 2012

Choose your words wisely

A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart.  For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.  ~Luke 6:45

This is truly the truth of God. We see this everyday in the world we live. If a person's heart and mind is preoccupied with lust, that is what consumes his words. If money rules his heart, then he talks about money. If their heart is full of discord and hatred, then they will spread discord and hate through their words.

People are very good at covering up what truly runs them at times, but it only takes time and a discerning heart to see what people's mind and heart are full of. They might be able to cover up their true view, but sooner or later, they will show what truly is in their hearts.

So a prayer I have for this new year is that I would take note of the words I use and when examine what is truly in my heart in this season of my life. I want God to take all the junk that is stored up in my heart and cleanse me of the negative thoughts, the fast complaints, and that I would become content to wait in the Lord and find strenght in His loving arms in my time of weakness.

No comments:

Post a Comment