Pictures

Monday, January 2, 2012

7 years ago

Seven years ago today, I was 38 weeks pregnant expecting our oldest son Alex. I was so excited about the upcoming birth of our little baby boy, I just couldn't wait. I had taken castor oil at 2 in the afternoon, hoping that it would start labor. Little did I know that within 24 hours our little miracle would enter the world.

Looking back I am amazed at all that I have experience in the 7 years since becoming a mother for the first time. I have successfully breastfeed 4 babies for at least 15 months each. I have changed more diapers that I car to remember, I have recieved so many hugs and kisses, wiped tears from my babies eyes, kissed booboos, cleaned up vomit, smelled the sweet scent of a sleeping child's head, experienced first days of school, shared in the joy of birthdays, the sadness of a child's broken heart for a loss toy, so many joys and tears since becoming a mother.

All I can say is that I praise God for the precious gifts of my children that He has entrusted us with. He has blessed us more than I could ever imagined. He has given us 4 amazing children of our own, 1 precious angel in heaven, and 1 endearing foster child. I never imagined that 14 years ago when John and I started "going out" that we would be so blessed after 9 1/2 years of marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment