Pictures

Thursday, December 8, 2011

What has happened to marriage?

What has happened to marriage? I don't know whether the world views marriage as something that isn't needed in a relationship in today's morals or if they are viewing marriage as something binding and therefore don't want to get married because of what it means. I am just not sure.

I am really confused because marriage solidifies a relationship more than just living together. It gives children a sense of security. They have actually done studies that shows that children are more confident and secure in a family where their parents are married, then in single parent homes or homes where parents are not married. Now this is not to say that single parent homes are horrible, I understand that there are amazing single mothers and dads out there that are raising some great kids.

My confusion is how marriage seems to be null and void in the view of many people. I know people who have bought houses together and/or had children together and I want to ask, if you feel the desire to join into a contract that says we plan on being in each others lives for ever, why not get married?

I mean having a child is a huge step. I see in magazines about people in Hollywood that have been dating 5 months and are pregnant or trying to get pregnant, but they don't feel they need to rush marriage. Rush marriage?! Bringing a child into the world is fine but saying you want to be faithful and true to one another for the rest of your lives is to much to consider now. Seems to me you have it backwards!

Now I know this seems very judgemental, but I am sorry marriage is very important in God's eyes. It is sacred and I feel that child, houses, living together, sleeping together comes after marriage, not before or instead of. I am not saying those who choose not to get married are horrible people, but if you are sleeping with someone who is not your spouse, you are in sin. This is a sin that the world is becoming way to comfortable with! We all fall into sin, but praise God for repentance and the mercy Jesus' blood gives if we only choose to accept it.

No comments:

Post a Comment