Pictures

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I am a little tired of being labeled as judgmental or up on a pedestal for having certain views of families, being a parent, and the sanctity of marriage that differs from the world standard. When someone quotes God's commandment about not killing, no one questions or labels them as judgmental, but talk about not committing adultery and all the sudden you are judgmental, etc.

I know that there are many good people, great parents, great families that are made up of people who are not married, blended families, etc. I was raised by my mom and step dad and he was a really great dad. Didn't matter to me that he was a step dad. He didn't replace my bio dad, I was blessed with 2 dads. I have many friends and family that I have that are single parents, divorced, remarried, living together, etc. I might not agree with every choice they make in their personal, public, or family lives, but I love them just the same.

Just because we might be good parents and people doesn't mean that all the choices we make are right. I am sure there are plenty of things I do others don't agree with. But when I post something about families or marriage these comments are almost all about the world as a whole, not individuals.

Having been going to court has opened my eyes to a world I never knew existed. I mean we read about these kid of things but to sit in the room with a man who punched his niece in the face, or a woman who whipped her daughter with a bungie court and then tried choking her on numerous different times makes you wonder how things would be if the world did hold God's word closer to it's heart, His whole word, not just the parts that don't offend them. And believe me there are parts of God's word that when I hear it pricks my heart and makes me see things in my life that needs cut out.

To sit in a room with a woman who has made some horrible choices in her life that have had a HUGE impact on her child's life and hear her say it isn't fair to say that seeing her is causing her child's emotional problems makes you see the world different. To see the destruction sin can do. To realize that God's word is more than just words on a page, it is truth given to us to free us from the bondage of sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment