Pictures

Saturday, October 8, 2011

What was I thinking?

Had to go grocery shopping today, which I noticed that I have avoided really "grocery shopping" like the plague for a couple of checks now. I would run and get a couple of things for meals and such but not get enough for multiple meals, let alone a whole paycheck of food and household items. I decided to just bite the bullet today and go for it. And although I didn't get everything I am sure, I got a good amount.

Now that reason I haven't really grocery shopped in a while isn't that I hate going. It is the process of taking kids to the store. I mean one or two isn't bad, but taking all 5 to the store to get all that we need gets overwhelming. And when I finally decide to go do it, I usually get overwhelmed by kids asking for this, or climbing on that, and just get enough for a meal or two.

So I was on my way with all 5 kids, and let me tell you I wasn't looking forward to this. I even questioned myself about having finally went off the deep end by even attempting this. I had to get air in one of my tires first and called my grandma to chit chat and see how she was. After me telling her my plan for the day, she said to drop off 2 kids and she would watch them. Score, down to Alex, Ryan, and Livie. Then when dropping them off, my mom came over and took Alex. Another one down!! So I called my mother-in-law in the off chance she would take Livie. Sure enough she did. So Ryan and I were able to go shopping together, which was much less stressed and we were able to talk and spend some alone time together. It was nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment