Pictures

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Her Royal Highness Princess Mandi

I have to admit that I have been bitten by the royal bug. Even though I wasn't interested in watching the whole wedding of William and Kate, it was long and kinda boring, I did enjoy a few shows on Princess Di. I also watched 2 shows based on the royal families in England in the 1400-1500's. That then started the Internet search on all the different royal families from Europe. Did you know that one of the queens of England is known as the mother of Europe, or some nickname like that because a lot of her children and grandchildren became kings, queens, princes, and princesses of many countries in Europ?. The Queen Sofia of Spain who used to be the princess of Greece is related to Prince Charles on both sides of her parents.



I think that the times of kings and queens in the old days seems really romantic. Of course that is in my fairy tale image of them. In reality many kings and queens were not in love, slept with people other than their spouses, and lets face it using a chamber pot as a bathroom and eating food without refrigeration just doesn't appeal to me!!



So as romantic as the thought of being a country's queen or princess sounds, I think I will be content with being a princess in the kingdom of God, the King of kings!! Do you think that I could get people to refer to me as Her Royal Highness Princess Mandi?!

No comments:

Post a Comment