Pictures

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I will talk to my kids about sex!!

I read a news story today in which Miley Cyrus talded about how she feels parents should talk to their kid about how cool and magical sex is. How teens know about it because they see it on tv and that parents should be honest with their kids and tell them that you can connect with another person in a way you can't any other way.

You know what, she is right on that. Sex is magical, it is amazing, and you do connect in a way you can't any other way. It is a gift made from God Himself. But it is meant to be shared between a man and wife. Sex is holy and beautiful. It is meant to be special and enjoyable. God wants us to delight in the bodies of our spouse, find pleasure in the arms of our spouse.

So I do feel that parents should talk to their children about it, but not for the same reason she has. I want my kids to know that there is joy in sex, enjoyment in sex, that it is a gift that God created for them to share WITH THEIR SPOUSE.

As I write this I want to you to know that this post is not motivated by anger or some righteous attitude, it is with a heart that truly grieves for all those who miss out on the fullness of this gift. For the young woman who deep down is seeking love through the act of giving her body to someone. To the young man feels that it is just a right of passage to sleep with as many women as possible. For those who fancy themselves in love and give away their heart to have it crushed.

I want the heart and morals of this nation to change. For young people to look at their purity as a gift instead of a shame. To look at the young man or woman they are dating as someone worth waiting for. To treat themselves with the respect they should.

I know that with 4 kids of my own, chances are they wont all wait until they are married to give their purity to someone, heck maybe none of them will. I didn't even wait. But I will tell you that I will pray that they wait. That I will pray when they are joined as man and wife with the spouse God created for them, that they will be unknown to anyone previously.

I WILL talk to my kid about the magic of sex. And encourage them to wait for their wedding night and not because I don't want illegitimate grandchildren or my kids to catch anything, but because I want my kids to discover the enjoyment of the joining of a man and woman with their spouse. With the one they were joined with before the eyes of God.

And I will finish this post with this tidbit of info for you. They have done studies of the brain and found that every time a person has sex with a new partner, their brain connectors(not sure what this is called) in the part of the brain that forms lasting marital type relationships connects and then when they have another partner, this connection is severed and reconnected. This happens with every partner, meaning if they have 5 partners, their connectors are connected and severed 5 times, 10 partners, 10 times, etc. They have found with every reconnection and every severed connection, the strength of the connection is lessened. After multiple connections this connector is unable to stay connected with the strength of the first connection, meaning their ability to form a connection with a person and keep that connection is weakened. With every sexual partner, a person's ability to form a lasting connection with someone and retain it is demonised.

No comments:

Post a Comment