Pictures

Saturday, January 5, 2013

While we were on vacation visiting my brother in October, I was on facebook and noticed I was added by a friend to a crafting page on facebook. It is a page where the point is that crafters get together and give each other ideas for crafts, although the main thing that was on the page was about these Christmas baskets they were wanting to put together. The head of the page had a list of kids whose parents had signed them up to recieve homemade items from these group to give them a little more under the Christmas tree.

So I said I was interested in helping. With it being the very end of October it only gave me 6 weeks to get some crafts done, but main did I come through. When we showed up to put the baskets together I was shocked to find out that even though I was the last one to join the group, I had contributed the most homemade items, except for the woman who made little Christmas ornaments. Now I have to admit that some of the items I was not overly impressed with, but that goes to show that everyone has their own taste and abilities.

I would love to add a picture of some of the projects I donated because I am very proud of them, but unfortuanately for some reason, blogger isn't allowing me to add pictures. One of the main items they wanted help making was rag dolls, which I had never made before. Their goal was to make 19 of them. Since I only had a little bit of time I wanted to make them as simple as possible, so I made ones that body was a triangle shape to be the dress and the legs were out of fabric to coordinate with the body to be stockings. I ended up finishing 9 and was willing to make more, but was told to wait to see if others made any. Mine were the only rag dolls that were donated. I also made 5 stuffed robots. Again first time I had made these, but I loved them and want to make more to give away. I got the idea from another blogger and thought they were super cute.

The thing that I got most addicted to was these fast crocheted stocking caps that I found the pattern for. They were pretty fast to make and I ended up making 20 to donate in various colors. I loved seeing all the different color combinations I could come up with. I even made one for each of my kids. And in addition to that I made 5 door hangers for boys' rooms with their name on them.

I was so proud to bring my stash of donations and the fact that with only 6 weeks to create, that I had a good amount to donate. We are planning on doing the baskets next year and I already have gotten a head start. I hope that we make it a better organized project since this year was kinda our practice year.

I also would like to maybe make projects to donate to other organizations that can use them. I love making the hats and am sure that I could get pretty crazy with it and end up with way more hats than we would need, so I will probably find another group that could also benefit.

I have so many craft ideas running through my heads and I love creating, but I find that items at craft shows just don't sell like they have in the past. I don't even like to buy items at craft shows usually because I know I can make it for less. So I love the itea of having somplace to donate the items I enjoy making. I am going to have fun with this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment