Pictures

Sunday, December 30, 2012

The date is set!!

So my induction date for Emmalee's birth has been set. I know there are some out there who feel that inducing is just wrong or you should just wait. Honestly this is the first one that we have scheduled in advance, although both Kennedy and Livie were also induced. But with them I went in to the doctor the day before I turned 39 weeks and asked if the doctor would induce me the next day and they agreed.

This time I thought I would take a stab since I was seeing my favorite doctor and ask if he was on call on the 18th and if he would be willing to induce me that day. He checked and said he was and would get me on the list. He called right over to the hospital while in the room with me and got me on. He delivered both the boys and now he will be delivering our last.

We chose the 18th mainly for 2 reasons. First it is my father-in-law's birthday and it seems cool that with this being his last grandbaby, that she would be born on his birthday. Alex actually was due on his birthday and now Emmalee and Bob will share a birthday. Now that is considering that she doesn't decide to come early or that all the rooms on the maternity ward are full. If they are then I can't be induced on that day.

The second reason we wanted the 18th is that it is a Friday and with 3 kids having school, it seemed like it would be easier to only have to figure out how to get them to school 1 day. I still am not entirely sure what we are going to do with them. I am not sure if they will stay with grandparents on Thursday night or if I will head to the hospital att 6 in the morning and John will stay home and get the kids to school and drop off Livie at someone's house before heading up. I mean either would probably work. I would prefer to not have to worry about them Friday morning, but honestly although I show up at 6 in the morning, after getting checked in and everything, the doctor usually doesn't break my water until around 7 when he does his rounds before going to the office. And I highly doubt I will give birth within an hour and a half. Although it would be nice to have John there just incase contractions pick up fast with the pitocin and breaking of my water.

Now with the date set for Emmalee's birth I am trying to get everything ready for her arrival. I haven't been getting much done to prepare so the last part of last week I started. I have since recovered Emmalee's car seat, made her a carseat canopy, car seat snugglie, and finished her quilt front. Yesterday I started cleaning and organizing her room. I hope to work on that more today.

I am also wondering how different this experience might be then when I had the last 3 kids. With JJ, Kennedy, and Livie's pregnancies I hadn't stopped nursing the child before them until part way through my pregnancy. But I had a break between Livie being weaned and getting pregnant with Emmalee. So I am wondering if I will get all big and such when my milk comes in again like when I had Alex. With the other kids it didn't really ever happen, cause my milk never fully dried up.

Also I am wondering how it will be to have a child in the middle of a school year and having to basically jump right back into the swing of life after having Emmalee. With all the kids we got out of the hospital the day after having them, which I liked, but then we had to get the other kids right away. I never really got any time to settle in before being having all the other kids to take care of. That is not to say John didn't help, but it was different then I think some women exprience. They might have someone come stay, which I DO NOT WANT, but I would like to have maybe a couple hours or so before going right back into life fully.

And then there is the hustle and bustle of getting kids to school the following Tuesday, John will probably do Monday since he will be off Sunday night. And all my duties to do at the school to get ready for school board meetings and such. Will I be given some grace in that? I am sure I will by the other board members, but will I be easy on myself? Or will I expect myself to do it all?

Please be praying for me and my upcoming delivary day.

No comments:

Post a Comment