Pictures

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Ever wonder what you would do if you couldnt use your kitchen sink for 5 days? Well I have found out. My sink started having issues with draining on Friday. Pretty sure draining the grease off the hamburger I was browning for our school fundraiser into the sink is what messed it up. Draining grease off a lbs here and there isn't such a big deal, but putting grease from 30 lbs of hamburger down it apparently wasn't a good idea.

So we tried draino to try and get it taken care of, along with pouring tons of boiling water down it. It helped some. Made it where I could do a few dishes, but had to wait FOREVER for the water to drain. So then I tried my brother's suggestion of trying to work it out with my toilet plunger. Well that did not work. In fact it made it worst.

So to get the majority of my dishes done in the first few days, and then all of them yesterday, I had to wash dishes in the bathtub. It made me really appreciate having a double sink to have dish water in one side and be able to rinse dishes in the other side. You can't do that when you are washing in the bathtub.

Another issue with washing dishes is that you have to be down on the floor. And when you are 34 weeks pregnant with hips and a back that are killing you this is torture!! So yesterday we decided after trying everything we could think of, to call a plumber. The guy came out and was able to unclog it with a snake. It was full of black, nasty stuff that was from years of soap scum build up and food particles from our garbage disposal.

This morning when I washed dishes in my very own kitchen sink I was so thankful to be able to do so. I never knew I would miss being able to wash dishes in my sink. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment