Pictures

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Shocked!!

I have to admit that I am horrified and saddened by the lack of love and concern for Ryan. He has been in our home for 2 weeks tomorrow, and so far the only people from my family who have called to see how he is doing is MY sister, brother, grandma, mom, and dad. I have tons of people at the school and church asking and praying, as well as other friends and family, but the ones who should be the most concerned have not called at all. His dad called the night we got him to see if Ryan could stay with us for a while, but let me tell you I was not getting the impression his dad would have done anything if Ryan couldn't have.

His mom hasn't called Ryan at all. Our uncle who Ryan lived with for a while hasn't called. No one cares how he is doing. No one cares that his boy feels abandoned and disposible. Why should they, they have better things to do.

Now I know that this all seems a little harsh. And possibly I am being harsher than I should. But all I know is that if my kid was placed in someone else's home to live for quite a while, I would be concerned in how they were adjusting, feeling, etc. How can you carry a child in your womb for 9 months, hug them, rock them to sleep, and then just be able to walk away without a second glance. I don't understand. I guess I don't understand the hold that drugs have on people. It is just heartbreaking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment