Pictures

Friday, August 24, 2012

Next week and a half

The next week and a half is going to be full of ups and downs. The last night Ryan is scheduled to actually be in our home as our foster child is on Sunday night. And with the way his visit with his mom is set up he will be home at 8 at night, so basically he will be coming home to bath and go to bed. Then I drop him off at school on Monday and he is with his mom the rest of the week.

Wednesday Kennedy turns 4. It is so hard to believe my little baby girl is turning into such a big girl. I love seeing my children grow up but it makes me sad how fast it goes. We will have her party on Thursday and she is already trying to plan an overnight with a friend. She is too young for overnights.

Also on Thursday we are have our appointment to go see the sex of the baby. This is kinda bitter sweet, because as excited as I am to find out the sex of the baby, this will be our last appointment ever of finding out the sex of one of our babies. Although I am totally at peace with this being our last, it is still kinda sad knowing this is the last time we will ever having the excitement waiting to find out the sex of a baby John and I created.

Then on Friday, Ryan is scheduled to be released into his mom's care. He will no longer be our foster son. Although it had been nice having him being with his mom more lately so that our kids can enjoy just being us for a bit, it is very sad. It is bringing an end to the year that we have had him. In that year, God has grown and stretched us in ways I never imagined. Sometimes it wasn't fun or enjoyable and other times it seemed so natural. It will just being sad not seeing Ryan on a regular basis. To not know what he did at school every day and how things are going. We are thinking of asking to still have him one a week or so, so that our relationship isn't lost and that he knows we still love and care for him. I have to admit, I don't have complete peace with him going home especially in light of some very troubling info I just found out, but I am trusting God and praying His will. As much as we love and care for Ryan, God loves him way more than I ever could. No matter what God will be with him through it all.

And then on the following Tuesday Alex starts 2nd grade and JJ starts Kindergarten and on Wednesday Kennedy starts preschool. My house be quieter during the days. Wonder if I will get more stuff done around the house. lol

So anyway this time will be full of smiles and probably some tears. But praise God that He never losses sight of us no matter where we are. He rejoices with us during our times of joy and feels our sorrow in times of sadness. And what more could I ask for from a loving God?!

No comments:

Post a Comment