Pictures

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Long, LONG Day!

Today was such a long and tiring day. This morning we had a situation brought to our attention regarding Alex and JJ at school and we made the decision to have it handle the way it should have been in the first place. Which meant our boy's both recieved a red tally at school. This meant that our boys were sent home for the rest of the day. Hopefully they understand that hitting is not tolerated!

Then I had to take Ryan to Dr. Kimzey to have him tested for ADHD. Found out while I was there, that he has seen him twice before and previously diagnosised him with ADHD, as well as Asperger's and Tourette's. Well his test this time came back as having ADHD, which we all kinda guessed. So tomorrow I take him in to get on medicine. The only thing is that even though he has ADHD, I don't necessarily feel that he NEEDS the medicine. Especially since we now know he has asperger's and an emotional age of an infant to 2. Those both add to his short attention. I don't see where medicine is necessary to help him function more effictivaly. I think it is more of an issue that the meds would help him be calmer and less of a disruption to his class. I just don't want to see him become a zombie, so he isn't so hyper. Just praying God's hand in all this and that we can get him on the right dosage for him to remain the happy, silly boy he is.

Then I recieved a letter from his mom, and it wasn't the most "uplifting" letter. I guess the easiest way to discribe her view of me is that she hates God and views those who are believers as judgemental and having a "better than you" attitude. She doesn't realize that my faith is an actual relationship with God and isn't just for making myself appear better. Just praying that she will come to know God. I just don't know how to deal with someone who is going to take anything you say as judgement.

Since the boys were in trouble(and Livie is super cranky due to having diahrrea that is making her bottom hurt), I sent John and Ryan to church and I kept the other 4 kids home. They were acting pretty naughty(dumped over 4 baskets of folded clothes and throwing them around) I sent them to be early, so here I set enjoying the quiet after a long day. Praise God for some down time.

No comments:

Post a Comment